Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mara earns an award for bravery


Here is my little trooper. Yesterday while taking Dallen to school Mara and Dallen were trying to race each other to the door. Dallen sideswiped Mara and she hit her head on the brick ledge under the window. Dallen's school took great care of us and then we drove down the street to the doctor to get her wound glued. She cried when she first hit her head but that was the only complaint or fussing she did. She was remarkable brave at the doctor and never complained. The nurse and doctor were both even impressed. She was so cute - when I told her we had to go to the doctor so they could check out her head she said "But I just want to go to playgroup." So after the doctor was done I asked if Mara wanted to go get a treat for being so brave and she said "No, I just want to go to playgroup." Wow! I was just glad we were done in time to still make it to playgroup. So here is my little brave girl - Mommy could not be more impressed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute picture of Mara--even with a gash in her head she is still beautiful!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Shayla was overjoyed to finally play with Mara at Playgroup!! :) ...Mara is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Looks like she may have a scar on her head like Daddy's huh? How sweet...mine would have said to heck with play group...I want a treat! 8 )