This is Oranda Ruth Lenora Kuska - my Grandma. She passed away yesterday - she would have been 98 next month. She was the most amazing woman! When we were young Grandma took care of us all the time and lived with me most of my life. She truly was like a second mother. Last week my Mom, Sister and I flew to Wisconsin to see her one last time. We had a nice visit, a few laughs, a few tears and a lot of smiles. The day after we left she became generally unresponsive. What a blessing that we made it when we did. Everyone who met G.G. (Great Grandma) loved her. She was just that way. She spent her final two weeks in Hospice in Madison, WI and everyone there truly adored her. She was even selected to be interviewed and photographed for the Hospice's 30th Anniversary magazine.
As we left I told her doesn't always have to be a fighter - she doesn't always have to be the strongest. She just smiled, held my hand and said "I do." What an example - she was never a quitter and wasn't about to start then. My love and admiration of this woman cannot be expressed but I wanted to honor her for everyone to see. She is finally reunited with her husband after forty years and for that I am grateful, but G.G. will be greatly missed. I love you, G.G., forever.



1 comment:
Ohhh, Sorry to hear of her passing. I'm glad you were able to Visit her. She really looks like an Angel! ... About the movie Enchanted, We LOVE that Movie too, especially the song, "How Do You Know!" :) Your new and improved blog looks great!
~Michelle
Post a Comment