Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Be Kind

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." Plato

This quote came to me a week or so ago as I sat waiting at the chiropractor's office. A women got up to talk to the receptionist and she looked perfectly normal. When the receptionist commented about the cost of the visit, the woman responded "At this point, it could be $100.00 but it would be worth it."
It made me really think - she didn't seem outwardly to be in pain - yet inside she was fighting a battle. Then there are mental battles and even spiritual battles that no one can see. I am very guilty of assuming that because people seem so happy and perfect that that is what their life is like. Maybe I am just naive. So I posted it on the side to remind myself - that everyone is fighting a battle -- so be kind!

2 comments:

SpaceyKasey said...

What a great thought! It's so true. Ah, Plato...

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a BYU education week talk that I just watched about a week ago. The Marriage Counselor (can't remember her name) had said someone had come to her and asked her if there was just one sentence that they could write down of something to help them in their marriage. She told the person, "I can tell you in two simple words, BE KIND!" So, there you have it, if we are just a little kinder the world would be a lot more happier! You are right on with this thought!! :) ... By the way, are your kids in school yet?