Friday, September 26, 2008

From the Mouth of Babes

Well I want to share some of the funny things my kids have been saying lately.

Brooklynn- She told me one day that she thinks it is neat that Mom's have eyes in the back of their heads. So I asked her for more details. Here is how it went down

Brooklynn: "Yeah, when they turn 18 they get eyes in the back of their head."
Mom: "Wow, how do you know that?"
Brooklynn: "My friend at school told me.
Mom: "Well, Brooklynn that sounds neat, but that isn't true."
Brooklynn: "Yes it is Mom."
Mom: "How do you know that?"
Brooklynn (with attitude): "She read it online."

(I told her I would like to read that site, because I didn't get those eyes - maybe there is some way I could them. So then we had the discussion again that not everything you read is true. She is at the age though that she doesn't believe much that I say. I thought that started later than eight!)

Chloe': Yesterday I took Chloe' and Mara to the bank with me. As usual, they asked if we wanted lollipops and I politely told them no thank you. A minute later Chloe' says "They always think we are just so cute." Completely clueless, I ask Chloe' "Why do you say that?" Chloe' says "Because they always want to give us lollipops."

Joseph: Nathan bribed the kids that if they cleaned and got ready for bed he would let them watch a little bit. They all obeyed, so Nathan turned on the TV. As he flipped through channels to find something for the kids to watch, he flipped to Rachael Ray and Joseph said "This is my favorite!" Believe or not - that is what they all voted to watch. I guess Joe really likes food.

Dallen: This one is embarrassing. I asked Dallen yesterday why he didn't do something. This was his response "I forgot. Now I am just like Mommy."

Mara and Anderson: It has been so beautiful out so we were driving with the windows down. Mara asked me to roll them up, so I did. About thirty seconds later she asked me to roll them back down. I told her no because she just asked me to roll them up. All grumpy she said "Stinking truck." Without missing a beat Anderson said "Stinking Mommy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is really funny, and not funny what kind of things come out of our kids mouths at times. They can shock you at any time! :)