Thursday, October 16, 2008

I am so Blessed

For those of you who do not know Martina McBride's song "Blessed" I will put it on my playlist so you can go along with my version. One day I started singing her song, but different words came to mind. Here they are:

I get kissed by my son each morning
Put my feet on a hard wheeled toy
I get to hear my children laughing
as they bust down my bedroom door

Sometimes I sit on my wet toilet seat
Thinkin’ someone is gonna pay
I think to myself, I think to myself
Am I becoming a mental case?
I did my best and I feel like I’ve found my way
I thank God for all I’ve been given
At the end of every day.

I need a rest
Oh so much more than my reserve
I am here with the ones who love me
When they step on my toes it hurts
I have been blessed.

Across a cluttered room,
I know you know what they’re thinking
“No way I’m listenin’ to you!”
And when I finally get some quiet
And everyone is in bed
I think to myself, I think to myself
A night’s sleep would sure be a gift

I did my best and I feel like I’ve found my way
I thank God for all I’ve been given
At the end of every day.

I need a rest
Oh so much more than my reserve
I am here with the ones who love me
When they step on my toes it hurts
I have been blessed.

When I, when I know I am in really deep
When I feel Thou helping me
I know I am so blessed and I feel like I’ve found my way
I thank God for all I’ve been given
At the end of everyday
I have been blessed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing Mindy!!! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Jarvis said...

Wow! That is great! I want to pass this along (giving you the credit, of course). Would that bother you?