Sunday before church Joseph told me that he wanted to bear his testimony. He had practiced a couple weeks ago when we had friends over for Family Home Evening and he was ready. As he waited his turn he sat beside our good friend Kelli Parsons. This is what she shared:
"I am still amazed about Joseph today. Did he tell you he wanted to bare his testimony? I was pondering on a lot of things this morning, and he just made my day! It's so funny how he was talking about everything else in his world, his teeth, the dog, and I don't even remember what else. But just when my heart was at it's softest and most humbling (during my moment of pondering), he tapped me on the leg to get my attention again and tilted his head while looking up at me and said, "You know what? The Savior is right by you." I think my mouth dropped first, and then I just felt my heart sink to the floor! I turned my head to the left (I guess to look, as funny as that sounds) and I just felt an overwhelming presence of his love for me. It was as if Joseph actually saw him and he wanted to tell me that he was right there because I wasn't noticing or something. I felt the spirit so strong throughout the rest of church."
So when Joseph's turn came he said " I would like to bear my testimony. The Lord is always right beside you. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen." Short. Simple. Poignant. Touching. Even the Stake President commented on it later in the meeting. I am proud of my boy. What was so sweet was that he totally knows - he said what he knows - not what he believes, nor what he thought people are supposed to say during a testimony. It was wonderful!! Way to go Gentleman Joe (that is his new nickname because he has really started trying to be a gentleman - opening doors, etc).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I bet that makes you so proud! What a sweet boy!
They surprise you when you least expect it. Must make you feel good to see your teaching and example shining through.
I heard it, but didn't see WHO said it as I was out in the hall with my littlest. I was VERY touched by what he said and what Kelli said about him. What a blessing and testament of two awesome parentst to you and your DH!!! ^_^
That's one of the sweetest testimonies I have ever read.
Good job Joe.
And good job Mom and Dad!
Wow, he is one of thoes children with a precious testimony. What a sweet spirit and knowledge he has.
Post a Comment