Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mystery Iris

A couple days before Mother's Day a package of beautiful flowers arrived at our house. Enclosed was a note that said - you have a lot to be proud of this Mother's Day. Miss you and love you, Mark
Imagine my surprise as I read this note with my husband standing right next to me. At first we thought maybe they were not supposed to be delivered here. But they had my full name and even to n's at the end of Hoffmann - so that hinted that we knew the person. But they had our address off by one digit. So we looked for more clues, until finally we saw a phone number - it was Nathan's old area code from growing up so we figured we did know the person. Then it - clicked - MARY!!! Sure enough, we called Alan and he told us that the number was Mary's cell. I was so touched. How very thoughtful of her to send me such beautiful flowers!!

My only disappointment is that I have not been able to thank her properly. The paper with the number got thrown away and all the other numbers are in Nathan's phone. So Mary, thank you SO much for the beautiful flowers. I do not get flowers very often and my first thought was "Oh I have to call my mom." It made me smile to know she was probably already looking at them. Miss you and Love you too, Mary!!

2 comments:

Tori said...

Mary is right!

What a great job on the bookcase! :)

I'm sure talking to your Mom is totally cool. I sometimes talk to this guy I dated who was murdered... Totally different, I know, but I love him still.

Also, I haven't been in Facebook in ages. Sorry for not writing again!

Anonymous said...

My Grandpa raised Iris for part of his living! I LOVE them so much! Very thoughtful!