Monday, August 31, 2009

1300 club

I mentioned it in the previous post, but I must document our achievement. Last Tuesday Kelli and I went to the cannery to can and buy the empty cans to can the surplus of foods we have been storing in our homes. So Friday was the big day. We started with a hefty serving of french toast and canned the first 400 pounds by ourselves in two hours! We were impressed. Then we reorganized my food storage closet so everything would fit.

Then we ate lunch with the missionaries and headed to Kelli's to can the rest. We canned for one hour by ourselves and then the missionaries helped with the last hour and a half. By the end we had canned 1,300 pounds of rice, wheat, flour, sugar, etc. What an accomplishment. We thought we would be doing it all weekend but were pleasantly surprised that the canner we used was more automatic than we thought. Thank you to the Stake!

Then if that wasn't crazy enough Kelli and I went to Girls Night that night too. Got home around midnight and finally went to bed at 2 am. No wonder I was so tired the next day.

No comments: