Sunday, October 18, 2009

Primary Temple Trip!


So yesterday our Primary took a trip to the Orlando Temple. It was magnificent. The weather was a bit cool, but at least we were not roasting. The sky was blue with a few clouds.

The temple recorder came out to give us a tour of the temple. He was genuinely sweet and so reverent when speaking of the House of the Lord. He instructed the children that President Monson has asked all the children to touch the temple and promises them that the temple will touch them. So we watched as all the children went up and touched the outside of this beautiful place.

The highlight for the children was walking through the lobby. They were SO excited to be able to go inside the temple. Then we were happy to hear from the Temple President, our Bishop, Stake President and Primary leader. It was such a wonderful experience.

My highlight was when I took Chloe' into the lobby of the temple to go to the bathroom. Anderson followed me. He was SO excited - the whole day he kept asking when he could go in the temple. So I guess he followed so he could go in again. As Anderson and I waited outside the bathroom for Chloe' I squatted down to talk with Anderson. He was so reverent and sweet. I asked him if he liked being in the temple and he said yes. Then I said "This is Jesus' house." Very solemnly Anderson looked up, pointed to the door and said "Is Jesus in there?" It really made me think. He understands what someone's house means. It made me step back and think that Jesus might really be there that day - how humbling. It was so wonderful to see things from a child's eyes. (I didn't have the heart to tell him the door was actually the men's restroom).

No comments: