Monday, March 29, 2010

Scripture Study

This morning we had the most remarkable scripture study. We were reading the first 7 verses of 1 Nephi 14. We discussed the If...then promises made and it really opened our hearts. As we continued I talked to the kids about how special they are - how Heavenly Father saved them for thousands of years to come forth now - to prepare the way the Second Coming of the Savior. I felt the Spirit really strong.

We took a break and went to have a snack. I told the kids that I know that what we discussed is true - that they are special - spiritual giants saved for this time. I asked the kids how they felt about it and the said they were excited. I explained that I know it is true because I felt the Spirit testify to me that it was in fact true.

Then Dallen said "I felt the Spirit." I asked him "How do you know?" He said "Because I felt like crying." Wow! A sweet six year old so touched by the Spirit that he actually felt like crying. I told him he has a wonderful spiritual gift to feel things like that so young!

No comments: