Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Koen = trust in the Lord

For the longest time we thought we would name number seven Ty if he was a boy. But at the end it just didn't fit. The entire pregnancy I have clung to the scripture "Trust in the Lord..." So one night Nathan said we should find a cool name like they did the Old Testament - where the names meant something. So I said we should look to see if we can find any names that mean trust in the Lord. Right away we came across the name Koen. It is a German name which fits - we both of German roots. It fits the theme of the pregnancy and in Hebrew it means priest. Pretty cool.

"Trust in the Lord" from the moment that I knew we were supposed to have another. Trust in the Lord as I started off with infections that landed me in the ER, followed by terrible all day sickness - where the anti-nausea medicine just kept me from throwing up. Trust in the Lord as I endured a kidney infection, outpatient surgery to get a stent, and continuing sickness. Trust in the Lord later as my blood pressure became an issue - finally sending me to the hospital because of a migraine.

Trust in the Lord as the dr induces labor because the baby is distressing with each contraction. Then, as the anesthesiologist tries to administer the epidural - not once, not twice, but FOUR times. Still trusting as they decide to do a C section because the baby is not coping - with a plan to use the epidural - I think NOT. Stress but still trust as I received a spinal - hoping it would take unlike the epidurals. Then as the dr cuts - gratefully I do not feel anything.

The baby is delivered and all is well. Well, except that his lungs have fluid - could be from the C section or could be because he was only 37 weeks. A trip to the nursery, trusting all would be well. The next day his lungs are better but now he has irregular heartbeats. Trusting again that he would be alright. It is now 10 days later and we must continue trusting every day.

Yesterday I got the news that I still have a large kidney stone and now must undergo lithotripsy again. Then about a week after that I might finally get this stent out that has been tormenting me for months. Thinking that was enough we have had even one more event transpire which caused even my husband to say "This Trust in the Lord thing is going a bit far don't you think?" Gratefully Koen is doing great and should come home next week. As with the other trials, all we can really do is just Trust in the Lord with all our hearts. Every time I think "this is it - I seriously cannot go any further" the Lord picks me up and somehow I endure.

I am grateful that I have trusted in the Lord - if not then sweet little Koen would not be part of our family. When I receive more bad news, I just go to the hospital and hold Koen - it is my happy place. Even just 10 days old, Koen offers me love and support unimaginable and helps me trust in the Lord. Most all of these trials we have gone through together - Koen will probably never understand how much he means to me and how I could not have done all this without him! I love you, Koen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the name, even more so now that I know the meaning. You are awesome Mindy.

Amy said...

Mindy, you just never cease to amaze me...I don't even know what to say...I love you...

Tori said...

What a beautiful testimony and gift to your little guy!!! :) I hope you print it out or something and put it away for him to read when he's 18 or something. ^_^