Well, gas is about $3.88 a gallon. Ugh. And of course I drive the most gas-efficient vehicle out there - a Suburban. Whatever fits the multitude and right now we are at capacity. In fact, if the entire family has to go somewhere we have to take two vehicles.
But this is not a rant about gas prices or gas guzzlers. This is about being a mom. The other day I dropped off three children at orchestra just like I do every Monday and Wednesday. This day though I needed to get gas right after I dropped them off for fear that I would not make it back to retrieve them.
I got out of the truck, scanned my card, selected my product and began pumping. I looked around at the various people at the gas station and what they were doing. I heard the children yelling at me "Mom, do we have to stay in our seats?" "Mom, do we have to be buckled?" The usual. Then I realized that I was singing a song without even noticing.
The song made me realize - you know you're a mother when you catch yourself pumping gas and singing "I don't care if I go crazy, 1 2 3 4 5 6 switch, crazy go I if care don't I 6 5 4 3 2 1 switch".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hilarious! I've never heard that song, but it sounds just PERFECT for Moms. ^_^ You are an absolute RIOT!!!
LOL I sing that song often! At least your gas isn't 4.25 a gal. Be greatful!
I have never heard that song either. What is the tune? I'll have to memorize that one. :)
Post a Comment