Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dinner

Well, tonight is one of those nights that I just don't feel like cooking. Nathan has been sick the last few days so he surely doesn't feel like doing it either. So in my total laziness the kids decided to make their own dinner. Joseph assured me that they would not use anything hot or anything sharp. As he walked down the hall I said "That means peanut butter and jelly." Not two seconds later Joe reaches the kitchen and informs the kids they are making peanut butter and jelly. I am good.
Quite impressively, Joseph also got a salad out - he understands a balanced diet. Dallen made himself bologna and cheese. He came back and asked me if I would get him the butter. So this is how it went down:


Dallen- Mom, will you get me the butter?
Nathan- You are going to eat butter on bologna
Dallen - No, it is bologna and cheese


I realized he meant mayo and here is him making his artery clogging, mayo overloaded bologna and cheese. Notice he did not pick a vegetable.


Chloe' didn't want salad so she got a can of vegetables and warmed them up in the microwave - she even knew to cook them for 2 mintues.Somehow she even convinced the other kids to eat canned mixed vegetables. I can't even do that!


Brooklynn even got the children lemonade. Needless to say, I am quite impressed. Good job, kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just the best when the older kids finally make their own meal (usually sandwhiches.) I could go for that a lot, but it doesn't seem to happen that way. GOOD JOB HOFFMAN KIDS!!! :)