
Here they are on the bus on the LONG trip to
Gainesville. The bus drivers took a rather long route.

Here we were waiting to get stamped so we could go in! I was so lucky - we ended up in a group of all boys with just the two girls and they were both wearing pink! It made it much easier to keep an constant eye on them.


Here are some of the girls from Chloe's class.

The kids got to make their own fossil.


She was waiting so patiently.

We saw some amazing fossils - this is a mammoth.

Chloe' in front of giant shark teeth.

Checking out the fossils.


The butterfly
rainforest. there were butterflies on the walkway too - it was so neat. Yes Kasey, I finally made it there - and I am glad we didn't go - I would not have wanted to control my six kids and keep them quiet and still. We probably would have got kicked out!



This butterfly quite liked her - eventually she had a worker take it off because it wasn't going anywhere.

Look how beautiful. I was very impressed with the girls' knowledge - especially about butterflies.

They tried so hard to sit still so a butterfly would land on them. Chloe' was scared every time one would come by. She was having a hard time staying still.

This is
Grossology. This part is where you smell four scents that the body makes and then guess if it is mouth, anus, foot or armpit. I smelled two of them and thought "What am I doing - they stink!?"

This is a fun slide - kids crawl through the mouth, slide down the
esophagus, land in the stomach, crawl through the intestines and come out the rectum. They really taught some technical words.

This was the belching machine. The girls really liked this one. There were places to see how toots are made and things you can demonstrate, info on snot and boogers, vomit, all kinds of nasty things. Quite educational though.

Here is the wall - they are climbing on hair follicles, zits and any other nasty thing you can find on your skin.

She really liked this part! She was pretty good at it.


Urine the game. Chloe' was a big fan of this game. She plays in front of a green screen and then she shows up on
tvs overhead as if she is part of the game. Pretty cute - she was to click on things that don't belong in your urine.

This is the booger machine. Yes, you launch balls into the small holes inside the nostrils. When the balls are gone the machine sneezes and they all roll back to the start. Pretty clever.

She looks like she means business.

Here is Chloe' playing Urine the game.

This I think was microscopes showing gross stuff magnified.

The Snot guy - he actually gets a big green drip hanging from his nose. That was pretty nasty.

A giant operation table.

Check out your insides.

Yum - lunch. We are all used to eating around 11 so when 12:30 finally rolled around - we were ready to eat.


Checking out the wildlife in the exhibit.


The underwater part.


Chloe' humored us and let us look around the whole museum - she just wanted to hang out in Grossology.







This part is really neat - it is really dark and feels like a real cave. Then there is a little tunnel the kids can crawl in to look for fossils.

Chloe' is pointing at an amardillo.

This is the entrance to Grossology - the spot we spent the most time. I took a picture on the last trip in so it seems out of order. It was pretty cool though.

Whew, what a fun day. Here are the kids on the ride home!



We had SO much fun and the girls were really well behaved. I could not have asked for more!
4 comments:
Looks like a very interesting museum. Maybe we'll have to take a trip to Gainsville.
That museum looks awesome!!! Wish we had something like that here.
Looks like a lot of fun! I will definantly have to check it out. How is it you guys get the good busses on the fieldtrips? All we get is a school bus, and parents can't even ride. No Fair! ;-)
I was telling Steve about Grossology. He said, "Now that sounds like my kind of place." I think it sound disgusting.
Post a Comment