The other day the girls went to Grandma Curtis' house to bake cookies and learn about measuring and fractions. They came home with the most delicious chocolate chip cookies. Yum. Nathan keeps trying to get the kids to have a different treat so he can have the cookies for himself. The girls had a blast and I was grateful to be able to do math with just the boys.
So today at church Grandma started talking to us about how much fun they had. Grandma told the girls to measure water with the measuring cups to see how many it would take to fill the various containers. The girls said (I am paraphrasing - I can't remember exactly but it sounds right) "We can't do that because that would be wasting water and water is expensive." I laughed! Yep, that sounds right. The kids fill up water from the frig and then dump it out - so I tried to explain that not only do we have to pay for all those drops of water, but also the filter in the frig. I guess some of the kids are listening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment