Saturday, January 03, 2009

Our House


Well, if you have been wondering what happened to me - let's just say I took a trip back in time and had an internet connection that was as slow as dial up (sorry Heidi). I could not even get the blog to come up. But I am happy to say we have the fastest DSL AT&T has to offer so life is good.

So for another blast to the past here is "Our house, in the middle of our street..." Yes, it really is in the middle of our street. If you are too young to know that was a song back in the 80's. For awhile anytime I thought about the house that song would pop up in my mind. So here it is - our house.

We finished what we are going to as far as flooring on the house and now we will start painting and building shelves and ottomans. It was so refreshing to get rid of the nasty carpet, but even more refreshing to have finished almost 1300 square feet of laminate. We are getting pretty good at it. The tile will have to wait. We bought it but there are too many other things to do first. Besides, I know the vinyl is clean - the carpet there was no way of knowing. So I will post some pics once we get some painting done.

3 comments:

Jessica Chalmers said...

Can't wait to see the results!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Congrats!! Exciting!! We are very happy for you guys. :) ...Remember, I'm just an e-mail away if you need someone to chat with.

Christy Bishop said...

Your house is adorable! But I have to ask: Are windows showing trees from behind the house or are they just really really shiney, like mirrors reflecting trees from the front??? It actually looks like a cool optical illusion...I am so excited for you guys!!!
Christy