Sunday, December 14, 2008

Good Times



A group of friends when out to Chili's the other night as a farewell for me and Robin. (Sorry if that is not proper English - I can't think it out right now - I must just keep typing).
We had a blast! It took about two hours to get a table. Other than being hungry - we didn't really care. They brought us chips and drinks so we couldn't complain (too much). The real fun started when we got our table. Our server was out of this world. From lamenting over his lost cell phone, to calling co-workers idiots, from trying to take a plate off our table to give to someone else because it wasn't ours (gross), to not being able to split more than eight checks. It was a hoot.
The highlight of the entire evening was the man in camo. I will not even try to share the humor - it is one of those things you just had to be there.
Thank you everyone for a great night! I will definitely have to drive up to do it again. Especially as more people move! Remember me, everyone - I won't be that far away.

Just for Nathan though, I tried to get a picture of the spinach artichoke dip. Honestly, it tastes better when he is there.I know these pictures are terrible because it is so dark in Chili's but I had to post one last picture. With my triple platter I got one piece of celery and one little carrot. If you think I am kidding check out the picture below. This was before I ate it. Actually, I refused to eat it - Christy said there must have been a carrot shortage.

I would not be surprised since there was also a box shortage. He actually brought Robin aluminum foil to wrap up her food. I am telling you - it was an experience. I have not laughed that hard in a long time.
(Do you think he has come out yet?)

3 comments:

Kim Jarvis said...

Jen said that it was a blast. Glad that you all got some good laughs - we all need those every once in a while!

Unknown said...

We sure had fun! And I got a good laugh reading your post! Thanks!
Have a Merry Christmas.

Kelly B said...

That was quite a night, wasn't it?!? I went back last week and was scared to death that I'd get "Sweet Tea" as my server again! :) Miss you- you are not forgotten! Church is definitely not the same without you guys, and I miss your kids in primary!