
I do want to share something cool from yesterday. Our bathroom is a source of inspiration. Even if it is not perfectly clean, it seems to be one of the best places for the Lord to talk to us. Nathan usually comes up with amazing ideas in the shower and quite frequently thoughts come to me in the shower or just when I go to the bathroom. So yesterday I woke up and headed to the bathroom as usual. Although only there for a minute, the greatest idea came to me.
The prompting was to teach the children about the scripture in Joshua 24 about Choose ye this day whom ye will serve. But in addition to that I thought of the scripture in Isaiah that reads Unto us a child is born.....the Prince of Peace, and the last scripture was in 3 Nephi about Satan being the father of contention. So I typed up the scriptures and over breakfast talked with the kids. I wish Nathan had been there, but he does have a one hour commute. The kids responded wonderfully and the Spirit was really strong when I told them that they have the power to get rid of Satan and choose the Prince of Peace. We talked about how one cannot serve two masters at the same time and so each choice we make chooses either the Prince of Peace or the father of contention.
As I said, it was a beautiful discussion. But then I sat back and watched. Joesph started empyting the dishwasher even though it is not his job this week. When I mentioned that it wasn't his job this week, he said "I know. I just want to help." When Brooklynn finished eating she went and immediately helped Joseph finish (it is her job this week). Then Joseph, in his sweetest voice asked "Brooklynn, now will you help me clean the bedrooms and loft?" Brooklynn said "You bet!" And they ran upstairs. Okay, so I was already in shock, and did not expect the next thing that happened. Brooklynn was first up the stairs and said "I am going to beat you!" And Joseph responded "You sure are!" (with no spite or malice). WOW. What a change. The rest of the day was much more peacefully as we all conscious sought to be like the Prince of Peace.
I am so grateful for the quiet little promptings the Lord grants me that can change my entire world.



1 comment:
What a joy and blessing! I hope that the experience (fruits) continue indefinitely! ^_^
Post a Comment