Sunday, March 22, 2009

Time Out For Women

I just have to share this. This past weekend my mother-in-law and some friends went to Orlando for a Time Out For Women event. It was WONDERFUL! I can't go into all the great stuff I learned and all the fun we had, but I just have to share one bit of insight:

The other convention there at the convention center was Mary Kay and I noticed some differences:
High Heels vs. Flip Flops!
Pink Cadillacs vs. Minivans
Big success (based on the world) vs. Big Bellies!!!

It was so much fun to see the difference. Her were these professional women, all serious - dressed to the nines clomping around in high heels and then there were these amazing LDS women, with pregnant bellies and giant smiles on their faces. I am proud to be LDS!! At one time there were (if I remember right) eight of us standing around talking and FOUR of them were pregnant. I know Heavenly Father is smiling. I remember a quote once that said that at some point only LDS women would be bearing children. Way to go pregnant mommas! I am proud of you.

3 comments:

lorijolley said...

How fun! I know it was awesome. Good thing I did not go though as I might have run into my Mary Kay Director who makes no money off of me because I am not the essence of the Mary Kay Woman. To busy being a proud Mormon Mom!

Tori said...

You're insights are interesting and poignant. I hadn't ever heard that about only LDS women being preggie. huh....

For those of us unable to attend TOFW, for one reason or another, it would be really nice to hear, through you, some of the messages shared... special request, if your time affords, of course. I'm SURE it would be nice because the way you put things is fun and inspiring... you're funny and quick witted. I do hope you might share more.

Anyway... here's hopin'!

Casey Gentle said...

I had to be there at 3:30 on Friday, so I was finishing my mascara as Cassie was dropping me off. So she pulled up next to the OCCC where a guard was standing. And the guy said "oh, are you here for Mary Kay?" All because a mascara wand! We said "nope, but we do like makeup! Here for Time Out." We are certainly proud to pregnant Mormons. It was so good to see you. We miss you so much!