I know I have posted a bunch today, but this is actually from today and as I recapped it to Nathan he said I have to post it.
We started a lapbook on money today (Dallen's request) and I printed out a word search for the kids to do using terms about money. I had not seen how big the word search was, but once it printed it filled nearly the whole page. I gave it to the kids and asked them to get started. They started freaking out.
B: " I can't do this. I can never find the words"
C: "This is going to take forever"
D: "Can you help me?" (in his whinest voice EVER)
So I had just about had enough when I, enthusiastically asked "Are we quitters?"
Joseph responded "Yes."
That burst my bubble for a moment, but I proceeded to tell the children that we don't quit. If it is hard, we just try harder. So I told them about the Philosophy class I am taking. I am not very into it and I just don't natuarlly think that way. I said "It is hard for me, but I will not quit. I will just read more and try harder." I thought maybe that would help.
Later in the day Brooklynn asked me why philosophy is so hard for me. I just told her that I don't naturally think that way, but that I was doing just fine in the class.
So as bedtime was drawing near I had my philospohy books next to the computer, but was playing around on the blog. Brooklynn was next to me. I got up and went to tuck the kids in and tell them goodnight. Finally, Brooklynn comes strolling in to her bed. As I tucked Brooklynn in she told me "I read a page of your philospohy book, so maybe I can help you now."
Nathan laughed but commented on how wonderful it is that she is so confident. She must really be concerned about me. Really I was just trying to make a point that learning isn't always just a piece of cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What amazing and sweet kiddos you have! Isn't it awesome how our young ones can be SO confident. I wish I could feel that way in such a blanket fashion!!
You seem not to be feelin' it, but MAN you are such a lucky duck! I love Philosophy. I've found textbooks to be really disappointing, but the ACTUALLY texts... challenging, but amazing. I can't imagine that I would actually be able to help, but if you need a chat with someone who'd happily listen... well, you have Nate, but you can call me! :)
That is so cute. Philosophy, huh? Sounds...Yawnnnnn... interesting!
Post a Comment