I ran over to check one last time before we left the park and asked the kids to pray. What was I thinking - that Heavenly Father would take them out of the swamp and put them on the dock? Regardless, I checked. Still no glasses.
We came home and I told Nathan what happened and asked if we could buy a net and go fish them out. But we had to get his car fixed and a list of other things, so I figured that was it - the glasses were gone.
Sweet Mara kept praying all day. I tried to tell her that we were not going to go back to the park anymore so there was no way we could get her glasses back. Mara kept praying.
At five o'clock Joey called as he was about to leave work and Nathan told him what happened. Joey quickly offered to go with Nathan to try and scoop them out with his large net. A spark of hope. When Nathan met up with Joey he realized - Joey brought the net AND his canoe! So they loaded up Brooklynn into the canoe, pushed it through a bunch of bushes and underbrush, with bugs flying ALL over Brooklynn (a total bug hater) into the swampy pond. Brooklynn really wanted her glasses back to have gone through all that.
Seven times Nathan put the net in and scooped up all manner of nastiness. Each time - no glasses. Joey kept praying that they would find the glasses. Then Nathan said "This is the last time" He made one long stretch covering all of the areas near where the glasses fell and pulled it up. In the grime he saw a small speck of pink! Joey reached his hand into the mess and pulled out Brooklynn's glasses!! They were filthy and had seaweed stuck in them, but they were there!
Brooklynn called me on the phone and I was so excited! Then it hit me - Mara never gave up. Even when I told her there was no way we could get the glasses back she continued to pray. It was so inspiring to watch the miracle of the glasses. My little four year old held strong in her faith even when I discouraged it. What a girl.
Brooklynn handled it very well considering those were her favorite glasses and she knew they were too expensive to replace. Her prayers had also been answered. I am so grateful for my children - for their remarkable faith and for good friends that are willing to help us no matter what. We are so blessed.



3 comments:
Mara has incredible FAITH!! Awesome Story! :) I love Heavenly Father!
What a great story. Heavenly Father sure rewarded her faith. My sister knocked one of my contacts out a couple of years ago while we were riding Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disney World. (She flung her hands up the air and hit me in the eye.) Call me faithless, but I didn't even begin to pray to find it.
I'm so VERY glad the scorpion was dead!
What a blessing and miracle! And I love your telling of it. Interesting and cool that you and I both experienced "glasses miracles" for our daughters within the same week! :) Neat, huh?
Post a Comment