On a rainy Wednesday night, at dinner time, my phone rang. Nathan was not home yet, so I answered it just in case it was him. It wasn't. On the phone was a man from some business up in Jacksonville that was looking to expand in our area. This is how the conversation played out and I have you know in advance that every word I spoke was true!!
"What is your home made out of?"
"I don't know."
"You don't know?"
"Well, I think the top is siding and the bottom is concrete or stucco??
"Concrete or stucco?"
"I really don't know."
"Well, do you have double paned windows?"
"I don't know."
"?"
"No I do not think they are double paned."
"Have you concerned replacing them?"
"Well, we have been doing a lot of renovations."
"Windows are the biggest improvement you can make."
"With the biggest price tag."
He went on to tell me that there are all these amazing deals for purchasing windows.
So I politely asked him to call back when Nathan would be home.
He asked what time he would be home.
"Well, he has a meeting tonight. Maybe call back tomorrow."
"I was hoping my boss could come over and talk with you and your husband tomorrow."
"We have a dinner appointment tomorrow."
"What time?"
"I am not sure yet - they haven't told us. Oh and tomorrow my husband is having an outpatient procedure done."
"We will try to contact you some other time."
After I hung up I realized how it must have sounded - remember all of it was true. I seriously forgot that Nathan was having an outpatient procedure the next day and our dinner appointment still was not set. At first I felt bad - I am sure he thought I was lying, but as I retold the situation to Nathan I started laughing so hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment