Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sweetness

About a week ago Brooklynn decided that it was too uncomfortable sharing her bed with Mara. So we worked it out and got Mara to sleep on her own (with only a few tears).

Last night around 2 am Brooklynn came in because she had a terrible dream. We said a prayer and she asked if she could sleep with me. Well, between Nathan, me, my belly and my body pillow there really isn't much room left. So I told her she could sleep on the floor next to me. That did not satisfy her so I recommended she sleep with Mara.

I had a really hard time sleeping last night so I was still awake about ten minutes later. I went in to the girls room because I heard talking. I told Brooklynn "You can't keep Mara awake though."

Mara responded "Oh, she is not. We just sang a song and now we are going to quote a couple of scriptures then go to sleep." So here is my little five year old, taking the time to calm down her big sister and show her love. Mara had no problem sharing her bed either. What a sweetheart!

No comments: